Athletes live very active lives that end up using a lot of energy. As a result, they need to eat very nutritious food so that their bodies can stay in shape, and so that they can keep up with their great performance. In this article, we are going to discuss the importance of good nutrition for athletes.
Energy and Performance
Food provides the energy that athletes need to perform, and particularly carbohydrates, protein and healthy fats. Blood sugar and glycogen levels in the muscles are regulated by carbohydrates, while provides essential fatty acids that are a source of energy. Proteins are responsible for the building of new tissues as well as an energy source.
A those that want to lose weight should avoid severely restricting calories, protein or fat, since it could negatively impact their athletic performance. High fiber foods and fruits are highly recommended.
When working out, athletes should stay hydrated because if they don’t maintain their fluid balance, it could affect their performance. Water also provides musculoskeletal lubrication as well as helps to transport nutrients in the body. throughout your body. Dehydration can become a major problem if the athlete is engaged in physical activity in hot or humid conditions.
The Best In-Ground Basketball Hoops
One of the activities that athletes can take part in is basketball, and that is the reason why we are now going to review the best basketball hoops in ground that can be found in the market today. These are capable of keeping any basketballer busy and active.
Spalding “888” Series In-Ground Basketball System
The steel frame of the Spalding “888” in-ground basketball system is 72 inches by 42 inches, the 3/8-inch glass backboard consisting of tempered glass for a great rebound. The height can be adjusted between 7 feet to 10 feet, and due to the J-bolt, its easily adjustable to anyone. The pole is stable, coming with a squared base of 6 by 6 inches. It allows for intense play due to the heavy-duty NBA pole pad and flex break-away rim style that comes with the system.
- The heavy-duty pole pad assures the players of safe play
- Minimal vibration
- Looks nice wherever it may be
- The 24” deep hole that the manufacturers recommend isn’t very stable, and it would be better do add on an extra 6”.
- It is too heavy and requires at least 3 people when installing the system.
- Extremely pricey.
Gorilla GS with Tempered Glass Backboard
The Gorilla GS offer exceptional playability and durability, coming with tempered glass backboards, DuPont powder coating, welded steel poles, and a ton of other features. These basketball systems are built to last. Below are the specifications of the Gorilla GS:
- 60” x 38” backboard with aluminum frame
- 3/8” thick tempered glass backboard
- 6”x6” steel pole
- 3’ overhang (distance between the backboard and the pole)
- Goal height adjusts from 7.5’ to 10’
- Anchor kit included, and it is installed in-ground with cement
- Limited Lifetime Warranty that includes the glass
- Pro-Style breakaway rim included
- It comes with a squared base, making it strong and stable.
- It has a powerful rebound because of the 3/8-inch tempered glass.
- It has minor shaking, making it the perfect hoop for intense backyard games.
- This hoop can withstand heavy pounding and dunking.
- It is easy to assemble.
- The height is easily adjustable.
- It costs slightly more than the other hoops.
- Installation is easy but it takes a long time to install.
- The hoop requires a lot of ground space besides the deep hole to root it down.
Spalding H-Frame In-Ground Basketball System
The Spalding H-Frame is 60 inches by 38 inches, and it consists of a steel framed glass that is the Gorilla’s 3/8-inch tempered glass, delivering a high rebound. 6 by 6 inches provide the necessary stability for the pole if it is installed the right way. It comes with an adjustable height of between 7 feet to 10 feet, making it perfect for both adults and teens alike. The anchor kit is easy to assemble although it is best to check that all the parts are there before beginning to assemble.
- 1 x 2-inch steel frame backboard with extruded aluminum rim
- 3/8-inch thick board for better rebounds
- Arena View backstop with four corner, Z-arm mounts
- H frame board bracket for improved stability
- Competition style breakaway rim with flex action
- Positive lock breakaway rim and heavy duty make it easy for aggressive dunking and play
- While most of the other systems allow a minimal height of 7.5, the Spalding H-Frame allows for 7 feet, making it convenient for kids.
- Solid goalpost
- The high-quality backboard makes this loop durable.
- Extremely pricey
- This backboard is pretty heavy, and installation could be quite tricky.
Silverback 54″ In-Ground Basketball System
This in-ground Silverback comes with a 54 by 33-inch backboard., also donning a 4.8mm tempered glass and aluminum frame that is long lasting. It comes with an adjustable height of between 7.5 feet and 10 feet, making it ideal for the whole family. It comes with a squared base of, and it is coated Dupont powder to prevent from rusting and keeping it shiny. When a player makes contact with the board, chances of injury are minimal because of the soft cushion created by the pole pad and backboard. The 2.5 feet overhang means that people can play underneath the hoop without the risk of crashing into the pole.
- This is the perfect system for those on a budget, based on the benefits.
- The anchor system makes it easy to install.
- People can defend underneath the goalpost during competitive play due to the overhang.
- It shakes when the ball hits the backboard.
- It’s not as pro a basketball system as some of the others.
Goalsetter Captain In-ground Adjustable System
Goalsetter’s Captain comes with a glass backboard that is 38 by 60 inch. It consists of 3/8 inch fully tempered glass with the H-Frame design providing the necessary. The height can be adjusted between 6 feet to 10 feet, making it suitable for both adults and children, and the minimum height of 6 feet is great for an indoor experience. The anchor hinge system provides complete assembly and optimal stability.
- Comes with a lifetime warranty subject to proper installation.
- Ideal for all ages.
- Easy to assemble due to the ground anchor hinge system.
- The four feet overhang offers a good clearance between the rim and the pole to do reverse layups.
- The 6-inch pole thickness is likely to take a lot of ground space.
All athletes need to watch their nutrition very closely to ensure that they are eating the right foods that will keep them in great shape. They also need to practice a lot in order for them to be on top of their game. Basketball hoops like the ones mentioned above are a great way to practice.